Sunday, December 6, 2009

Rockin around the Christmas Tree

Worked on getting all the Christmas Decorations up yesterday. Chris braved the frigid temps to put everything on the house ~~ what a great dad. I have a feeling we might have gone sans-lights if we were sans-kids.

Walker "helped" me decorate the tree, and I thought I did pretty good setting aside my Mommy Dearest side. I like my tree to have a certain "look" that would make Martha Stewart proud. I agonize over each decoration, and move branches accordingly so they all hang perfectly. Walker got to put all the "bracelets" on the tree and the lower 24" are precariously adorned with clumps of blue strings.

It was an awesome experience to have him help me and I enjoyed every minute. AND THE TREE LOOKS GREAT.

He got distracted with the colored string of lights and spent the rest of the night dragging the string from one outlet to another, leaping up and down when he got them lit. He made everyone come in his room and see the colors.

There's nothing quite like the innocent pleasure of Christmas Lights, and it's multiplied by the enthusiasm of a 2 year old.

No comments: